One of the casualties of relationship break down is often children’s relationships with their grandparents, and their rights to contact If contact between the non resident parent and the child breaks down, then the child can frequently be alienated from their grandparents also. Contact with the child’s wider family may suffer as a result.

We specialise in grandparent rights

Grandparents can apply to the Court for Contact Orders with their grandchildren. Unlike a natural parent they will need the permission of the Court to apply. The question of permission is an issue for the court and is determined by reference to the child’s welfare. Many grandparents act as permanent carers for their grandchildren and do not always understand their legal position in relation to the child. If you would like to explore further information relating to this or on how to protect/preserve a relationship with your grandchildren contact us for an initial discussion.

Speak to our team